Sirui Venus T2.9 Anamorphic 6 Lens Kit with 1.25x Adapter
In The Box
- Sirui Venus T2.9 Anamorphic 6 Lens Kit with 1.25x Adapter
24mm / 35mm / 75mm / 100mm with 1.6x
- Sirui T2.9 1.6x Anamorphic lens for Canon RF/ Sony E / Leica L / Nikon Z Mount is a sharp and fast anamorphic lens designed to bring a cinematic look to your videos. With its 1.6x Ratio, the lens takes full advantage of the Full Frame sensor to produce a 2.8:1 wide screen aspect ratio that is synonymous with theatre movie experiences.
- The lens uses an optically distorting anamorphic front element to squeeze the horizontal axis of the shot by 1.6 times which allows for more information to be fit onto the sensor. This is then stretched back out in post-production or in-camera (see manufacturers specs for compatibility) to create the wider field of view and ratio compared to a conventional aspherical lens.
- The lens reproduces flares beautifully whilst the coatings on the lens keep them from obscuring the entire frame. The fast aperture of T2.9 to creates a very shallow depth of field increasing the oval-shaped bokeh effect that is found in anamorphic lenses. this soft out of focus area is one of the many benefits that a true anamorphic lens brings over its filter counterparts or digital crop bars that are used to imitate the anamorphic ‘look’.
- In built focus gears work perfectly with follow focus setups to ensure smooth and accurate focusing.
135mm with 1.8x
- The SIRUI 1.33x APS-C anamorphic lens series has revolutionized the market with its competitive prices and exceptional optical performance. SIRUI is always looking to challenge and impress itself as a professional lens manufacturer. SIRUI is set to impress the film world once again with the 100mm T2.9 1.8x full-frame anamorphic lens, which is unparalleled in its class.
- Wide, wider, widest
The lens has a 1.8x squeeze factor. When shooting in 3:2, you end up with an aspect ratio of 2.7:1. When the sensor is set to 16:9, you end up with an aspect ratio of 3.2:1 . The viewing experience achieved with this is as high quality and intense as with the well-known IMAX format.
- Limitless possibilities
Whether wide scenes or close-ups, the images you get with this lens are of superior quality, high resolution and good sharpness. Because it’s a full-frame lens, it can display more than its APS-C equivalents, giving you plenty of room to pan-and-scan or punch in post-processing. For example, if part of an image is superfluous, just crop it out without worrying about pixel loss.
- Solid build quality
The lens’ super-slim barrel is made of high-quality aluminum alloy. In addition, the aperture and focus rings are ideally designed for use with a follow focus system.
- Beautiful Oval Bokeh
The lens with its 1.8x squeeze factor produces beautiful oval bokeh in a more pleasing shape than lenses with a 1.33x squeeze, adding expressiveness and aesthetics to the film result.
- Vivid Lens Flare Effects
Point a light source directly at the lens to get the characteristic blue lens flares that anamorphic lenses are known for, and add a touch of magic to your image.
150mm with 1.6x Lens
- Introducing the Sirui 150mm T2.9 1.6x Anamorphic Lens for Canon RF / L Mount / Sony E / Nikon Z Mount, a cutting-edge and high-speed lens meticulously designed to bring the captivating cinematic look to your videos. With its 1.6x Ratio, this lens harnesses the Full Frame sensor’s full potential, producing a breathtaking 2.8:1 wide screen aspect ratio synonymous with the immersive magic of theatre movie experiences.
- At the core of this lens lies an optically distorting anamorphic front element, ingeniously squeezing the horizontal axis of the shot by 1.6 times. This innovative design allows for more information to be captured on the sensor, which can then be stretched back out in post-production or in-camera.
- The Sirui 150mm T2.9 1.6x Anamorphic Lens delivers mesmerizing flares while its coatings skillfully prevent them from obscuring the entire frame. With a fast aperture of T2.9, this lens crafts a wonderfully shallow depth of field, elevating the distinctive oval-shaped bokeh effect found in anamorphic lenses. Embrace the soft out-of-focus area, one of the many advantages that a true anamorphic lens offers over filter counterparts or digital crop bars attempting to imitate the anamorphic ‘look’. The 150mm focal length enhances compression and subject separation, allowing for even more compelling visuals. With a short minimum focus distance of 58cm you can achieve macro like close ups to accentuate the finer details.
- Perfectly tailored for follow-focus setups, the in-built focus gears ensure smooth and precise focusing, seamlessly integrating into your filmmaking toolkit.
- Step into the world of cinematic storytelling with the Sirui 150mm T2.9 1.6x Anamorphic Lens for Sony E Mount. Embrace the magic of cinema and elevate your videos to new heights, where every frame becomes a masterpiece, captivating your audience with an immersive and cinematic experience
1.25x Anamorphic Adapter
- The SIRUI 1.25x anamorphic adapter is designed to turn any spherical lens into an anamorphic or increase the squeeze ratio of anamorphic lenses. This is a super budget-friendly anamorphic solution that will bring you tons of fun!
The 1.25x is one of the most classic squeeze factors used by popular anamorphic lenses like Panavision. In addition to creating a 25% increase in the horizontal field of view, the 1.25x squeeze has two other advantages.
- 2x Constant Squeeze
Screw the SIRUI 1.25x adapter onto the 1.6x anamorphic to achieve a 2x squeeze. With a higher squeeze comes more noticeable anamorphic characteristics, for example, the thinner bokeh and shallower depth of field.
The 2x squeeze allows more information to be included into the frame, giving vou more flexibility to reframe in post.
- Flexible Reframing
Compared to traditional 2x anamorphic lenses, this combination is reasonably compact and affordable, offering the best value for your money.
- Approx. 16:9 Common Aspect Ratio
Most professional digital cameras, such as ARRI, use 4:3 sensors. When a1.25x anamorphic adapter is used on these cameras, the image can be directly desqueezed to an approx. 16:9 aspect ratio, which is a universal format for modern commercials, TVCS, etc.
Using the 1.25x adapter on spherical lenses and shooting 16:9 will result in a 20:9 aspect ratio, which allows you to play videos in full screen on smartphones.
- Wide Compatibility
The 1.25x adapter has an 82mm rear thread. Three step-down rings (67mm, 72mm, 77mm) and a step-up ring (92mm) are available to match a wide array of popular lenses on the market.
- Compact & Portable
With a length of only 46.5mm and a weight of 650g, the adapter is relatively small and lightweight.
- Front Single Focus
Set the base lens at infinity and use only the adapter to focus.
- Constant Squeeze Ratio
The adapter maintains a constant 1.25x squeeze ratio at all focusing points, eliminating the “anamorphic mumps” effect on your talent.